Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tools for the Business

1st, this is sales. 2nd, this is marketing. 3rd, it's a people business. There is yet to be a system that addresses all aspects of real estate investing as a business completely. But we may have found one! We shall find out over the next month or two as I try it out and report to you its benefits and limitations.

These are the tools that we are currently using for our business:
1. Realeflow
2. Profit Grabber
3. Buildium
4. PBNext
5. 1 and 1
6. Foreclosehouston.com
7. AT&T wireless and DSL service
8. Ricoh Printer
9. Sony Handycam
10. VistaPrint
11. PS Print - See the right side of the page to link to FREE Shipping!
12. Acrobat.com
13. Blackberry
14. Constant Contact - see my link to the right side...they have a free trial now!
15. AWeber
16. Twitter
17. Facebook
18. Blogger
19. Active Rain
20. Quicken
21. Turbo Tax

You will notice we are using 2 database programs and 2 email marketing programs. The database programs each fulfill different requirements of our business. It is our hope to stop using Profit Grabber, which is a great direct mail marketing tool, and just use one - Realeflow. As in every business, time is money. Streamlining or automating our business is the goal. If we have to manually transfer information or re-input information, it is a waste of our time. Being able to share our information with our numerous partners in an easy manner is important so we can all be productive and work toward the same results. When I buy a program, I want it to do everything I need it to. If I have to pay more upfront, then fine, but I don't want be nickle and dimed to buy features that I feel should be part of the tool. I'm a serious investor doing every part of this business. I need all the bells and whistles.

The 2 email marketing companies are both very good. We have expanded our business and outgrown Constant Contact. To get the service we need, we had to find a company that allows for multiple web forms. Each list we have requires different information and needs to have different forms. If you only need one web form, then Constant Contact is VERY user friendly and has beautiful templates. It is so easy to use I hate to give it up. It also makes it easier to add contacts to your lists. Sometimes I need to get an email out quickly to a new group of people and if they've not opted-in, then I can't use AWeber. AWeber has a cumbersome method for importing contacts and I am hoping the double opt-in will not turn people off.

Here is an update to my progress yesterday.
1. Worked on my Buildium Site...added my properties
2. We have an accepted offer for a client who is very excited
3. Updated my BLOGGER links, still have more work to complete on that, but it's a start
4. Signed 2 short sale offers
5. Sent out an invite using Constant Contact for an RE Investing networking lunch for Friday
6. Designed the new JEM business cards and my ETP cards
7. Compared prices on business cards between PS Print, Vista Print and Bluegrass Printing, a new follower of mine on Twitter.

No comments: