Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How to Find Success This New Year

"I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment, and life’s greatest rewards are reserved for those who demonstrate a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve.” -Anthony Robbins

I just finished Trumps' "Think Big and Kick Ass" and while I've heard it all before, read it all before and been to those pump you up seminars before, you have to keep reading it and hearing it to keep it at the forefront of your thinking. How do you stay committed when life pulls you in so many directions every day?
  • Planning
  • Routine
  • Habits
  • Time Delegation
  • Accountability
  • Deadlines
Every day is a new chance to get back on track, to see what has been accomplished and assess what needs to be done to continue on the planned task.  For me it is easier if I end the day with an organized, visual account of:

  1. Completed items
  2. Uncompleted items
  3. Next days tasks
  4. Questions that arose during the day
  5. Roadblocks to progress
  6. Solutions to the roadblocks
This list at the end of the day also helps motivate me to get up in the morning - I know what I need to get done to be successful, and success each day is what motivates me and keeps my attitude positive.  The successes don't have to be large, which is why the planning is so important.  Each part of your plan that you execute and complete is a success.  It takes the small accomplishments to reach the large end result.  Overnight successes never really happen overnight.

I think I've learned enough about myself now to know where it is that I need to focus to accomplish those things that are most important and that generate income.  While we can all listen to what the trainers and coaches say, they are just providing tools that we can use to get us where we want to go.  It is up to each of us to implement what we learn and use the tools in ways that help us in our businesses and personal lives.

Find your way to stay focused this year!

No comments: